Saturday, September 17

Deliver your future...

Just getting home from a PFC hearing, which we had last night, and tomorrow afternoon too. Sunday is a board of directors mtg at the office, that goes into Monday, where the gov. is expected to speak briefly. Word has it, he's courting our votes. And dress nice Monday. Just in case you weren't planning it...

I really like this work. I'm observing a lot, and I have a good supervisor who happens to be a former English teacher. Bonus: master storyteller and related-trivia sharer. I couldn't have asked for a better fit in that we share basic values. Words do matter. Even as they're diluted and misused, I still hold the proper choice and arrangement, in the right hands, can be as precise as coding. Not as user-friendly in their precision, perhaps, which makes the quality listener a rarity, more and more these days.

But don't blame the game for the poor skills of the players. The language, whose variations both join and separate us, is there. Always will be. Always. No matter how much it gets mistreated and generally fucked with, diluted and disgraced, as we wind down. The potential for beauty remains, as in nature, even in the dreariest landscape. And it's no less there if passers-by can't see it. Dig?

Also, I've decided for reasons of my own not to type here that story I referred to from a Torts class. So if you've been coming for that alone, sorry. And in general, if you don't like what you briefly read here, or how it's written -- too personal, too light, whatever -- don't break your finger clicking out, to paraphrase a cliche.

Beyond commitments and lack of options, why anyone would go, stay or return to a place they weren't happy in, is beyond me. Be good to yourself b/c nobody else has the power to make you happy.