Monday, March 6

RIP...

Kirby Puckett
(1960-2006)
"We’ll remember the Game 6 home run from 1991, the leaping catches and the accolades that were bestowed upon him. But mostly, we’ll remember Kirby Puckett's smile and his love for the game."

Career Stats
May the bad fall away, and only the winning memories remain.

Here are some of Kirby's quotes, from wikipedia:
"I was told I would never make it because I'm too short. Well, I'm still too short, but I've got 10 All-Star games, two World Series championships, and I'm a very happy and contented guy. It doesn't matter what your height is, it's what's in your heart." -- at his 1996 retirement press conference.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us."
"Kirby Puckett's going to be all right. Don't worry about me. I'll show up, and I'll have a smile on my face. The only thing I won't have is this uniform on. But you guys can have the memories of what I did when I did have it on."