Sunday, November 19

Cheap fun online.

Here's a wonderful comments thread. Miss Ann corrects herself.
Reverses her opinions the next day... And deletes my offerings ...
:(

Flip-flop... flipper-flopper extraordinaire.
See folks, if you don't call even the elite professors on it, they actually can sell that shit! Have you believing up is down, yes is no, black is white.

Now here's what I call the arbitrary deletion policy:
She leaves up the blatantly foul and vulgar language, yet deletes thought-out points of view that disagree with her. For posting too often? Funny, I like to watch the games, and chat away -- responding to people worth responding to, ignoring the others. Yesterday, basically I "won":
Miss Ann corrects herself.
Reverses her opinions the next day...

Today, she suggests that I'm illiterate, can't read.
What a condescending elitist. (DELETE)

To be honest,
I am truly honored that my worthy writings are such a threat to a pretty (and distinguished -- let's not forget scholastically distingushed, folks) self-identified writer* (heh! -- get your OJ, Courtney Love, Borat news alongside penetrating MidEast coverage, and commentary on the gay rights progress) .

Funny thing is, she's got such a lousy track record.
On the war. On the elections. On social movements like the gay rights campaign.

Oh, I know, I know.
She's got a gay son (out himself).
Maybe she's queer herself.
Some have pinned her with the 'faghag' label, but then again, nobody likes labels much.

You're fun to disagree with Miss Ann.
You're full of shit half the time, but in the classroom, it doesn't matter. And people aren't reading your blog for its expertise or insight. Hell, even the NYT isn't quoting your expert commenters as being "middle America folk" anymore. Too easy to manipulate blog comments, you know.

So thanks again for yesterday's thread.
Can't wait to buy your book; smile pretty for the dust jacket, eh?
----------

Now that I'm back on my own blog:
If you read yesterday's thread, any bets on whether or not one of her own boys was initially not accepted for admission at the UW-Madison? I'm thinking Mama Duck is taking this issue just a little personally, so I wonder if that could be what's behind it...