Thursday, June 14

I don't know why I like it...

I just do ! *

Well, it looks like we missed Yeat's birthday on the 13th, by 12 minutes. Still, I found this poem and was going to share in the morning, then noticed the coincidence of reading him on his birthday. Coincidence. God acting anonymously, they say. Well, the bulletin board on the expressway through Milwaukee says that, or did two weeks ago. They keep the messages fresh; I like it well enough.

Anyway, here's the poem. Called The Coat, it's really just him finding his style of poetry, and he chooses a simple one at that:

I made my song a coat
Covered with embroideries
Out of old mythologies
From heel to throat;
But the fools caught it
Wore it in the world's eyes
As though they'd wrought it.
Song, let them take it,
For there's more enterprise
In walking naked.
---------------------

* Bonus point if you can name that tune.
Not really a lyric, but if you listened to the album,
you might remember the phrase.