Monday, November 26

Public blog...

Participation permitted, thread grows, then turns ugly with personal insults. Insults not deleted, but responses to insults are. Hmmmmm.....

Ironically, the topic: Should women expect special protections and physical scrutiny in verbal debates, or is it best to focus on the issue at hand?

Stalking? Good lord, get a grip. AND STOP SHOUTING -- it's 5am in my email!

You should figure out whether I'm allowed to participate in these threads or not.

You keep my comments up for half an afternoon, letting me grow participate and grow the thread.

Then you get all censorious again, presumably because you don't like how your commenters take the discussion off track with the personal insults.

No, this is not stalking. This is participating in a thread with your explicit permission in letting the discussion grow all afternoon, then deleting ME when your commenters start flinging personal insults.

Tell you what: take down all the insulting references that the fabulous boys like Pallladian created and directed at me.

Otherwise, damn right I have a right to respond in defending myself here. If you're going to non-monitor and allow their slurs in, why should they get special protections in who can log in and respond to their insults? Sorry, I won't tolerate that, on any public blog.

Especially in a straightforward post like this, I'm amazed that you don't see that.

I only responded with harsh words to those who addressed me in that manner first. Clean up your whole stable before you go making accusations by those who would defend themselves verbally.

Now shape it up! And stop encouraging them by pulling my responses, please.

If you've got comments up about me, I'll be back here to respond to those insults as this thread continues. I've also got copies and am alerted to negative comments about myself via email. Handy service.

------------------
you are well aware that I delete all your comments, no matter what you write and I've been doing this for a long time.

Bull.

You allowed me to participate in the issue at hand on the thread for half a Sunday afternoon. Discussion proceeded nicely, you left subsequent comments, and did not delete mine when you were on thread.

Only later in the day, when others started the namecalling and personal insinuations, and I responded back in kind, were my comments deleted.

Again you let me participate in responding, and your important issue once again got off track, as is typical with all of your posts because of certain commenters, not me.

I think the threesome comment with the Barber brothers brought any worthy discussion to a screeching halt, and then it was trading insult-for-insult after that...

Look, if you don't want people to respond to words and images directed to them by name, maybe you need to either teach people in here some manners (not me; I don't start these things, merely respond when my name is brought up), or better yet, invest in a selective screening program whereby you can make up your mind whether people are allowed into discussions that grow your thread, or whether they are not.

There's technology where you can do this by IP address. I thought, looking at the box below, you had already invested in this. If so, why didn't you just ban my IP address in the first place, and not let me in to grow the thread, then kick me out when the Uglies started getting personal.

How many comments are directed toward me? You don't think your Sybill attitude toward selective deletions contributes to this?

I know this is your funny controversy way of getting the comments numbers up, and keeping people logged into your blog. Congrats, obviously it works.

Again, if you let me in for a good part of the discussion, if there are posts here addressed to me with insults up, and your blog is open for public comments, tell me again why I should remain quiet and not respond to what's going on in your comments section? 5:50 AM

-------------------------
Mary is banned. All her comments are deleted.


Really, you should be a bit more consistent with your "firmly established policy for months"

Because clearly, it wasn't in effect for the good part of today.

5:51 AM

--------------------------

Law professor: heal thyself!