Monday, January 7

On Obama, off the internets.

"His reply last night to the question about the troop escalation in Iraq was yet another example of a wasted opportunity to unify rather than divide. If he really believes what he said, he's an ignorant simpleton when it come to foreign policy. I don't think he is, so I have to conclude he was lying to gain votes, too proud to admit he may have erred, too invested in his own scenario to acknowledge reality. A lot like the current incumbent, if you ask me. His scripted speeches are inspirational, uplifting and unifying. His off-the-cuff remarks are as partisan, divisive and mean-spirited as the others. He's just better at getting away with it."


Imagine the entitlement attitudes a Bush/Obama back-to-back presidency will spawn as American boys become men: Take it easy today, good things are still promised you in the end.

UPDATE:
Obama tells Diane Sawyer:
"I find the manner in which they've been running their campaign sort of depressing, lately. It was interesting in the debate, Sen. Clinton saying 'don't feed the American people false hopes. Get a reality check, you know?' I mean, you can picture JFK saying, 'we can't go to the moon, it's a false hope. Let's get a reality check.' It's not, sort of, I think, what our tradition has been."


C'mon now, people. Don't you remember Kennedy leading us like that? Let's all join hands, and get started because the future is coming! -- Everybody together, now:
I believe I can fly...
I believe I can touch the sky.
Think about it every night and day...
Stretch my wings and fly away.

I beliieeeeeve I can fly...


Heh.

END OF THE WORLD UPDATE:
(No, really we mean it...)

Now I'm not one to call out group identification, but it's worth noting that Camille Paglia is on record championing Michelle Obama's hotness -- take that fwiw coming from a fevered movie-star worshipping imagination; Andrew Sullivan is creaming his keyboard daily with I-Feel-It! Obama worship -- allcoverage, allthetime; and now the DRUDGE REPORT is highlighting a close up of Hillary's lips. *sigh*

You kids really need to get out some: Politics as passion, candidate worship in sexual way ... we're not that into it. Leave America's voting out of the sexxpassion analysis, please, and pursue your private passions. This is dumbing down focusing on lips, dontchathink?