Sunday, November 23

A day late...

but not really short...

Let's see,
we left off before the Saturday of the book fest in Miami. It was a great day; I think Art Spiegelman was my favorite, he really had a thoughtful presentation put together on the high art of graphic comedy.

The flight home Miami to Minneapolis via Atlanta was great -- Georgia's hardwoods showing their orange finests, and no cloud cover all the way home. When we got further north, the smaller ponds and lakes had frozen over, but with ice only at the edges of the larger bodies. It really is a beautiful country we've got, twisty rivers and all...

Then, I travelled with one of my reps mid-week to Kimberly, Wisconsin. Home of the Papermakers. (Trek bikes, Harley motors, Evinrude, Kaytee seeds -- it was a good place to grow businesses -- Wisconsin was, you see as you get out and about the state.)

This weekend, yesterday, I finally brought the frozen pumpkin in off the porch, and later dug out the pumpkin seeds to salt and bake. Good, but I'm reminded of why you need to eat them in small portions...

Blogging this week will be light. Of course, I wish y'all and your families and friends a good time at this most American holiday of all: Happy Thankgsgiving, and let's all be glad of the little things we're holding on to this year, together and apart...