Thursday, October 1

But I'm not a liberal.

*foot stomp* I'm not, I'm not!

If you were trying to refute allegations that you're pretty much a non-thinking lib, wouldn't your first instinct be to point at those to the left of you and decry belonging to such a group?

Actually, one of my favorite subjects is evolved hippiedom. ... And, I should add, I never wanted to live in a hippie commune either, back in the old days.

But wait a minute. Don't the college years majoring in art history, camped out with the cool kids in the East Quad, laughing at all the 'straights' count for anything now?
Drinking was not at all the practice of the day in my little corner of the University of Michigan, known as East Quad.

We mocked squares
elsewhere on campus who drank and went to football games and the sort of thing you kids today might think of as wild.

We thought of you as "straights."
Smells like early-onset, irresponsible Lib Spirit to me ...