Sunday, October 18

On a lighter note.

I didn't get out there earlier this afternoon to snap a picture, but let me share this...

To preface, I have great landlords in this apartment. They are pro-active, and looking to fix things aesthetically. Cute little numbers handpainted to adorn our doors; a very cool porch painting that looks like inlaid bricks, but in fact is not (picture tomorrow); and now, black carriage lights on either side of the front doors, and a beautiful black awning with gold borders and lettering.

I live on the outskirts of town; that trail where I snapped the snowy foliage on my birthday is just a block away. The lots are large, the trees mature, and the neighborhood family residential. Some of the more recent streets appear to have a Robin Hood theme: Nottingham, Marian, Sherwood.

Today, I'm glad that of the two buildings in our complex, mine happens to carry the Sherwood Avenue address. You see, the landlords decided to print that name in gold on the black awnings, followed by the word House. So I'm living at Sherwood House.

Pity my neighbors in the next building over, some older some young, whose address is on the intersecting street: Nunn Avenue. Yes readers, tomorrow I'll post a picture even, spelling it out.