Sunday, April 25

An Army of Davids Trolls ?

As in the financial world, it becomes clearer and clearer that he who controls the systems overcomes substantive objections, to the detriment of others. Too big to fail ?

If you were a smart blogger, making enough money, wouldn't you bother to reinvest in a decent tracking software, before making public accusations about unknown commenters? I wouldn't accuse without solid evidence, particularly if I were a polished skeptic. And especially if my accusations against the other party involved a larger institution, like a public school.

Plus, as a woman myself, it personally saddens me to see one spanked, and then embraced back into the fold, once she learns her place, Lil Lady... Consistency counts. If you want to be respected as an equal, at some point you have to start playing defense, and drop the feminine charm poses that surely distinguishes and contributes to success, but is so easily played against one, if you never learn to defend and hold your own ground, without falling back on "special" cards, or ending the conversation prematurely, "Do you know who you're talking to, and what your position is relative to mine??"

See, I do know who I'm talking to. Or at. Or -- most importantly -- where I'm NOT dropping bon mots. If you can't say the same, if you're getting confused by technological and other reigny day misleaders, Think It Through... preferably, before making public accusations in a local, Weekly Reader gossip rag.

You know damned well I let people disagree with me here all the time and that I have a problem with a particular person who is a former student of mine. You owe me an apology. If it doesn't come fast, everyone ought to see that you are in bad faith."

And if you're going to set out one morning convinced it's the day to bite the hand that insta-feeds you, best be prepared to hang on a bit longer. Again, if you think it's powerful as a woman to be recognized for "special" powers that set you apart, imagine how it is to be recognized equally -- for your knowledge, argumentative abilities, and general solidity -- and consistency -- in matters important. For being relevant and right on the subject matter being addressed, not continually readjusting your own thoughts and principles to solicit attentions and linkage.

If you respect the men, it's a good feeling, I'll say that...

All right, putting my boots on and heading off to an auction -- sometimes there aren't many attending on early Spring weekends and you get some underappreciated, necessary outdoor items.* This afternoon, we're breaking ground on one of the community gardens I participate in (one's with the chuch; this one is a neighborhood thing, now in it's second year.)

We'll be tilling, and yesterday's rain just may pay off -- though I'm rethinking what I'm planting as something tells me we've a dry summer ahead. Want to get the onion bulbs and some pea/lima bean/carrot seeds in, at least. The nicest thing about watching things grow -- seedless or not -- is that's time not spent knocking other things down in a generational aging, competitive frustration.

Y'all take care with that out there, OK?
Time and Sunshine Growth Rule. And make it a great Sunday, whatever you're worshipping healthy these days !

-----------------------------

*I admit: I got a chuckle a few Christmases past when Mr. Reynolds was shilling that book, "How to Play Outside. Boys Edition."

Always wondered how many giftees finished reading it and actually got up the courage to venture dangerously outside, away from the comforting techological tethers that entrap so many boys these days, it seems.

Powerful indeed.