Thursday, June 17

Tight-fittin' Jeans.

Here's a Conway Twitty classic to remind all us Americans that despite our growing class differences, we're not the Brits yet!* Crossover is still possible, and remember folks -- nekkid, it's another set of assets that's valued:

She tried to hide it by the faded denim clothes she wore
But I knew she'd never been inside a bar before
And I felt like a peasant who just had met a queen
And she knew I saw right through her tight fittin' jeans

I ask her what's a woman like you doin' here
I see you're use to champagne but I'll buy you a beer
She said you've got me figured out but I'm not what I seem
And for a dance I'll tell you 'bout these tight fittin' jeans...


* Locked into our permanent economic stations, and reduced to the huge organizational mentality that has us fighting in rigid formation rather than relying on the local landscape and taking cover behind trees, as more flexible fighters -- Minutemen -- instinctually knew to do...