Tuesday, July 6

Hey ... pundits: Leave those kids alone!

For the sake of their young family, I hope those still chasing a sordid story will leave this young couple alone. (Even partisan people in the house say, "Yeah!")

Levi Johnston mans up, and I don't mean posing Playgirl:

“Last year, after Bristol and I broke up, I was unhappy and a little angry. Unfortunately, against my better judgment, I publicly said things about the Palins that were not completely true,” Levi told People. “I have already privately apologized to Todd and Sarah. Since my statements were public, I owe it to the Palins to publicly apologize.”

Single mother and national abstinence spokesperson Bristol Palin, mother of Levi’s child, said the pair hoped to turn, “a new page here as co-parents … and [put] aside the past because doing so is in [our son] Tripp’s best interest.”

For his part Levi has said to the family, “I hope one day to restore your trust.”