Sunday, September 19

Christine O'Donnell does not bother me.

Do these incumbents bother you?

(Tell the truth...)





ADDED: Perhaps the presence of Nancy Faust in the formidable years accounts for my own inimitable* style? Here's to evolution, and innovation as the years demand.

In the beginning, Faust wore headphones during the games so she could listen to the radio commentary of Harry Caray. One day, she said she heard him say, “This game is going so slow they are going to have to carry me out of here,” and a song popped into her head. She played a few bars of “Carry Me Back to Old Virginny.”

Caray picked up on it and made sure his audience did, too, and Faust’s signature style was born.

“What kept me going was I got such positive reinforcement from Harry and from the fans,” she said, adding, “I loved having the ability to reflect every aspect of the ballgame for the fans.”

Play off the lady nicely; she was a champion talent in her own right...

Quotes
She can play everything. Musically, she's pretty awesome. There are a lot of songs she'll throw in there that I don't think a lot of people get. Me, being a music fan, and guys like Scott, we'll laugh.
~Former Sox pitcher and rock musician Jack McDowell


* Can't Touch This.