Friday, September 10

"I don't know why I like it..."

"I just do!"

Those words, kicking off an old Whitney Houston song, strike me as just about right regarding my opinions on this story:

Palm Beach radio talker Rush Limbaugh and Gainesville pastor Terry Jones, who’s been flip-flopping about whether he’ll burn Korans on the anniversary of 9-11 tomorrow, graduated together in 1969 from Central High School in Cape Girardeau, Mo.

Funny, funny. Too funny our coincidental world. Not that we should be judging others on how fellow classmates, possible teammates, turn out, but still. Something about those Show-Me Missouri boys gone Florida and the attendant notoriety...

You might say, in his quick-grab of media attention -- making mountains out of silly, easily divisive nonsense-- the good pastor out-Limbaughed Limbaugh!*

(I wonder if the pastor was one of those gathered in the Limbaugh house to hear Rush's dad pontificate, as the alleged smartest man in town and all...)

----------------------

* I get so emotional, baby...
everytime I think of you.
I get so emotional, baby...
Ain't it shocking what love
shlock can do...