Thursday, November 25

Thanks for the Joy that you've given me*...

Home again. (Jiggety jig jig.)
I like where I live: stopping for beer and gas, there were two bucks on the back of a pickup at the pumps, and a doe tucked nicely into the open trunk of a medium sedan... could it be a Malibu?

Hunting season. It's the rut. But cold, so they're not moving, I'm told...

Here in Wisconsin, the upper Midwest, north of Highway 12 8! (8... got 12 on the mind....) is considered Up North. By many definitions, anyway. It's hunting season here, and ironically, on Saturday -- last Saturday, gun deer opener -- many women consider themselves Hunting Widows. Go shoppping the craft sales -- hunting opener is the big day.

Again,
it's amazing to get off one ground, and then be here, with snow at the base, I'm going to take some pictures in my town soon, I promise. Summer is the "God's Country" season, but I've always believed: if you want the good times, you've got to put up with some bad...

But by sticking it out this winter,
I'm hoping I'll be in a place to host guests -- if not at my place, a modest two-bedroom rental, then in the kayaks, under the control of the easiest flowing northern waters you'd ever know...

It's a good place to visit -- Stillwater, Minnesota: you know what they say about still waters; Apostle Islands: where the Natives mixed with the French trappers, and in summer, the days are long...

Premature widows, like the hunting, or other types, deserve the best. It is God's country come summer, worth a visit, with the cultural homes to visit too...

It's a record cold here, apparently, but with the acquired warmth, who'd notice it anyway? Thanks for sharing, you and yours... Let's sing out with a brew, or two:
I want you to know I belive in your song...
Rhythm and rhyme and harmony:
You' ve both helped me along;
Keepin' me strong...



--------------------------
*Thanks for the Joy that you've given me...
I want you to know I believe in your song.

Your Rhythm and Rhyme and Harmony...
You've helped me along...
Keepin' Me Strong...

ADDED:
Oh gimme the beat boys, and free my Soul...
I wanna get Lost in your Rock, and Roll.
...
And I'm countin' on you...
To carry me through.

* And hey it's good, to be back home again...
(No attachment to the video; I just like this song...)