Tuesday, March 22

Blogspot Mary...

Open for Business.







You got to stand up straight,
Carry your own weight,
Cuz these tears are going nowhere... baby!
~ U2.


We here at Subsumed, have finally joined the friends of PayPal. And while I won't outright solicit donations, you will see that colorful little icon below my proceeding posts. Why? Times are tight. I figure, if richer folk than I have no qualms about asking for your hard-earned money... well, let me tell you: I've never taken more money in salary than I've given back in hard work, and pretty much, I spend my pennies wisely. So be assured, anything donated will primarily go to rent space/shelter to blog in; gas to get around; and eating expenses, or starter plants for the gardens coming up...

If you are on a limited budget yourself, please IGNORE the buttons. (Sad how sometimes the better solicitors are able to take money from the least who have it -- don't let that be me, Lord.) No, the people this post is for, is those who perhaps have ... money to burn. If you think you'd spend it on otherwise lesser things, consider donating here. Why be tempted, eh? (the, "Satan, get behind me!" approach to making better use of your dollars and cents.)

If you're wondering why, on every post? Well, let's just say, I'm not an HTML goddess, and my eyes were getting screwy trying to figure out how to get the button in the sidebar, without having to upgrade from my classic blogspot template. Ah, the computer troubles this morn: Mal had used my primary email for his PayPal account selling Vuarnet sunglasses on ebay, back before he had a computer himself, and it was tricky enough figuring that one out, and setting up my own account. (I created a new email address just to circumvent that one.) So in another workaround, I'll just be pasting in the DONATE button after every post from hereon out. Again, ignore and please continue reading, with no offense, if you enjoy my stuff and are watching your own pennies carefully.

There'll be no chachka's added; no reminders nor solicitations; no pulling the posts into a "book". (You know, I never understood myself why authors of reput would lower themselves to putting their names on commercialized books, as well as their primary works.) But Blogspot Mary is in business -- betcha though, she's not as effective at pollinating nor pulling in as that Typhoid Mary, say.

Happy Tuesday, and please keep reading if you are so inclined. (on and off access throughout the next few weeks, for reasons explained in this post.)