Thursday, June 30

Meanwhile... down in Madison.

Remember I said I missed yesterday's presidential press conference? I missed the most recent kerfluffle in Madison too, but let me recount what I know, from the facts I've heard...

The justice who recently survived an onslaught of union and entitlement activists who tried to take his seat by running a non-judicial Madison liberal attorney for the position was allegedly assaulted by another one of the liberal attorney women on the court. He raised his hands to protect himself, when... (and this is where is seems to get a bit confusing):


UW Madison law professor Ann Althouse inserted herself into the fray -- positioning herself between these two judicial players -- and somehow she got "slimed" akin to that old "You Can't Do That On Television" kiddie show.

Now, nevermind the two justices, the story focuses on how the professor's reputation, and that of the law school, was either debased or brought up a few notches, depending on your political preference.

Either way,
by inserting herself into the story between the two justices, she's getting more and more publicity, and thereby ripping up the liberal Madison cocoon, which sheltered her for so long. Emerging as a chrystalized colorful butterfly, spouting Biblical quotes! (OT only though...)

(see, I told you it was a happy ending.*)


Full Disclosure:
Via law school, I was assigned a summer internship working as one of many for Justice Walsh Bradley. A few weeks in though, I realized that spending the summer in a windowless room writing and researching legal briefs for her law clerk was not my thing. No pay, just academic credit. When I learned the cost of summer classes for my internship was not covered by my academic scholarship, I found another job that summer. (2006)

For the record, I met Justice Walsh Bradley my first day there, and at no time did I see any violence from any of the Supreme Court justices. Not saying nothing happened, but it was in a quieter and more gentler time in Madison. Right now though, it's like they opened the loony bins and are putting on a show for all those who would remain in town to watch it. I moved out of Madison back up to northwestern Wisconsin in 2008 (actually out of Madison to Monona in 2005, then on up...) Never looked back, since entitled hippies -- and the folk who love them, or need them, in some odd way I haven't yet figured out... doppelganger? -- are not my thing.

Voting with your feet, and all that.

------------------

* In fulfilling a pattern,
I predict commenters will take the thoughtful analytic discussion of Ann's role in the kerfluffle into a full discussion of the appearance and various physical traits of the young woman who did the alleged "sliming" of the professor.

Funny how it always seems to come down to that over there, eh?