Sunday, July 24

Let's See...

Today, I spent some time picking cucumbers and mature peas in the pod, as opposed to pea pods, which I was picking before. I made Ruth's cucumber dish -- vinegar, sugar, sour cream mixed into thinly sliced, salted-and-drained-overnight, cucumber slices. I used dark brown sugar though, so the liquid-y dressing is browner, but still "cloudy" from the cream. Very good.

My wild weekend splurge included, $7 for pick of the early morning flowers at the Farmers Market. The biggest lily heads, pale lemon and white, with unopened ones too, one of which opened overnight. In a bouquet of wildflowers and greens. Very nice, again. I put it on an open bookshelf that hangs into the hallway, and the scent is nicely distributing with the windows open...

Speaking of, it's a very comfortable 71 here now, and sunny, after some of the wackiest humid-hot-rainy-hot-rainy-pleasant-rainy weather. Still, the gardens like it, weeds and all.

Sunday tune, weather related:
Touch of Grey. "paint by numbers morning sky... looks so phony."

Have a very great end-of-the-weekend, then.