Friday, October 7

Beat that dead horse, boys ... beat it!

Day 3 (?) of deep Niggerhead discussion over at TaNehisi's Atlantic blog. Call:

I'm sorry, "Runaway Negro Creek" is pretty cool. I prefer the absconding slave interpretation, as opposed to the "Ya'll get from round here!" version.


I understand removing "nigger" from geography. It's basically an obscenity at this point. But some of these names are pretty awesome, if only because they affords people like me the opportunity of saying "I got your Negro Mountain, right here."

What? Too much?

Reply: TStacy
"What? Too much?"

Oh, no. In fact, and stop me if this is going too far, I'm imagining an action movie based on the 2012 election when Obama says to Perry, "I got your Niggerhead right here," before headbutting him across the stage. I know that absolutely nothing good could come out of this, but it sounds pretty cool in my brain.

EDIT: That's the first time I've felt dirty using that term, and I think it's due to the fact that I was using it in a joke. So, just know that it makes me feel slightly bad, but I decided against censoring it.

Funny he can't seem to find anything else these days, outside of quoting historical notable blacks and perusing Civil War history, to write on ...

ADDED: Ohhh, we can see where this thread is heading...:
hillrat 17 minutes ago in reply to TStacy

Alternate scenario: Obama & Rick Perry are playing ball. After burying yet another long range jumper right in Perry's grill, as Obama's backpedaling down the court he grabs his junk and tells Perry, "I got your niggerhead right here!!"