Sunday, May 20

38-52-77.

One morning last week or so,
those were the temperatures I awoke to hear:
The night's low, the current morning temp, and the predicted afternoon high.

We'll take it.

Yesterday, it was a hot one. Oh so dusty here lately. Even if you watered them in well, no sense in planting with the wind. This morning, we had a bit of predicted rain in the overnight, and it's still sprinkling slightly out there now.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying, yes I do have better things to do. Will get those plants in the ground, but I'm having coffee now and following links here. Including, this one:

Twice-married RFK Jr., despite the ongoing rancor with the Richardson clan, spoke about his love for Mary, their London honeymoon — and their final conversation, one day before her suicide.

“She said, ‘You know me better than anyone,’ and I said, ‘Yes,’ ” he told a hushed church, his voice breaking at times.

“And she said, ‘I was a good girl.’ And I said, ‘Yes, you were a good girl.’ ”
That, accompanied by the picture of the people, her children, carrying the casket -- their faces, eyes belying the pretty picture painted in the NYT news story this morning and the celebrity accounting given by the NY Daily News; (I wonder the last time the children saw their mother...) -- seemed pitiful.

You hope that wasn't the intent.

------------

MORE sad details from the NYPost.