Monday, June 25

Monday Morning.

Stick with me -- I was a Title IX girl, so not cheerleader material, but...

Hibbert, Hibbert, he's our man
if he can't do it, Rondo can.

Rondo, Rondo, he's our man
if he can't do it, Westbrook can. 

Westbrook, Westbrook, he's our man
if he can't do it... no one can.
Sincere congratulations to LeBron James, et al. and the Miami Heat for winning the championship this year.  One down, what is it ... five to go?

My problem with "King James" never was that he left Cleveland in such a spectacle.  It was the -- very American -- dressing up and promising that the money bought the performance.  Well it did, this once.   So much for letting your work speak for itself...  I don't remember MJ being known so much for his performance off the court first... he got the job done, then did the victory prancing.

But that's to take nothing away from the championship win this year.  It was a strike-shortened season, but James managed to stay healthy long enough to bring home the title.  I'm just saying:  he set himself up, when you rate yourself so high, it's hard not to be overrated, no?

It will be interesting to see if they break up the trio, or lose the coach, for next season.   I'm obviously no Mr. Predictor, but I still don't see them having years left together to collect hardware, particularly if the competition is up to shape in coming years...

I think Michael can breathe easy for now.
--------------------------------------------------------

In other news,
I could fill this blog with cute dog stories, being that Buddy boy is a sharp one, and tends to do observably funny things... Smart things, of course.

Mal is a funny one himself -- great guy, spells phonetically (verbal communicator), and it's fun interpreting his written work.  This past week, I told him I read someplace that they were soliciting dogs to work as the new Benji.  There's a contest on Facebook seeking a lookalike to the original.  That's our Buddy -- in looks, and temperament.  In re-reading though, I see they're looking for rescue or shelter dogs, plus, our Bud doesn't much care for crowds so he wouldn't be handling the adoring fans well...

I sent the further info in an email to Malcolm, and his (spelling cleaned up) message came back:
"No bucks, no Buddy.  Nobody pimps our pup."

at least, that's how I translated it from the vernacular...
---------------------------


Make it a great week, this summer 2012.