Thursday, November 7

"Because I could not stop for Death" ...

Business Day
November 6, 2013
11:16 PM ET
Clifford Nass, Researcher on Multitasking, Dies at 55

Clifford Nass, Researcher on Multitasking, Dies at 55

Dr. Nass, a Stanford professor of communication, found that the increasingly screen-saturated modern world was not nurturing the ability to concentrate.
---------------------------
 
 
...He kindly stopped for me.
The carriage held but just ourselves,
and Immortality.
 
We slowly drove ; He knew no haste
and I had put away
my labor and my leisure too,
for his civility .


We passed the school, where children strove
At recess, in the ring .
We passed the fields of gazing grain.
We passed the setting sun ...

Or rather – He passed us.
...
---------------------------
 
RIP Dr. Nass -- thanks for the reminder.