Sunday, October 12

Get Up. Get Up Already !

We have some strong Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee in the house, and we want to send birthday wishes out to Adam Rich this fine day. "Nicholas Bradford" and I not only share a birthday, we once shared the same "bowl" haircut.

(No, mine was not fashioned after his; it was a popular kids style in the 70s.*  A perfect cut in the pre-conditioner days, when long hair on girls meant "No More Tangles", and the longer your hair got, the more work it was in the mornings before school... )

----------------

*  Ok, while widespread, maybe it was not all that popular...
Other schoolkids wondered if our mom put a bowl over my sister's head and mine, before cutting around it. (Our hairstylist, who always wore a stylish one-piece zippered jumpsuit, would have been insulted to hear that, I'm sure.  No use of bowls was involved.)  These were the girls at school with feathered hair, and big-handled combs sticking out their back pockets;  I can't remember if the black eyeliner was big for them, yet...
------------------

But enough with the memory lane.  Enjoy my birthday -- hell, take tomorrow off school or work, if you're a teacher or government worker.  At birth, a nurse noted I was a lucky one:  there would be no school on my birthday!  A few years later, they rounded to the nearest Monday though, but hey?  You take what you get.

Re-Discovering America since 1968.
That's my motto;  why change now?

Make it a great Sunday, get outdoors and drink it in, and remember:  You're stronger than you know!  (and that's not the coffee talking. ;-)



PS.  Put everything you have -- or whatever you can afford to lose -- on Teddy Bridgewater v. the Lions today.  He will be tested by one of the NFL's best defenses, but some people shine brighter when the lights are on them.  If the Vikings manage a win, it will be a hell of an upset.  I think we need more upsets in this country right now... the longshots making good.

(A loss, I suspect, will only make him want it more.  Hopefully, he's fully over that ankle hurt of a few weeks ago and can take a hit, and get up to charge downfield again.  I think his line loves him too, and will give everything they've got to protect him, which I hope will be enough...)