Thursday, October 2

Here Comes Everybody...

"Do not conform yourselves to this age
but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect.

Let love be sincere;
hate what is evil,
hold on to what is good;
love one another with mutual affection;
anticipate one another in showing honor.

Do not grow slack in zeal,
be fervent in spirit,
serve the Lord.
Rejoice in hope,
endure in affliction,
persevere in prayer."
-------------------
ADDED:  I never understood that bit about dismantling the House.  Use the tools they've provided for progress and peace, instead:
Pack the Master's House.
There are many, many Rooms.
I know, My Father told me so!
Context
Jesus Comforts the Disciples
1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.…
Finally, I like this last bit too. If the mercy and forgiveness don't especially turn you on, take heart in what best heaps those burning coals. ;-) Let Love Rule; It's Stronger than You Think.
Beloved, do not look for revenge but leave room for the wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Rather, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head.”

Do not be conquered by evil but conquer evil with good.