Thursday, December 11

The Strength in Living Dissent.

They say that what you mock...
will surely overtake you.
And you become a monster...
so the monster will not break you
.

I stopped working for several years there, so not much of my tax money went to support these wars, weapons, or torture sessions in poor countries like Poland, who once again, went along to get along... Weak like that.

I'm a Christian.
I believe one day, every day will be Judgment Day.

The media will have their heyday now -- now that as an industry they've been reduced to mocking from the sidelines -- before turning their attentions to the latest entertainment of the moment. They'll assume a collective guilt, on behalf of us all.

Collect their paychecks, report in retrospect, now that the action's safely over... (or is it? Funny how the new defense secretary is the man who knows all the toys in our toolbox, and can help best choose the countries and situations to try 'em out on. We're still at war everywhere, don't forget. Dwindling days of American power until economically we're overtaken by our betters.)

But don't you believe that all of us supported the wars, the revenge (against the wrong parties), the patriotic chest beating and the killings. Check the track records. Some of us smarter ones: We knew from the get go Bush was an immature asshole, no life experience but bailed-out failure. We don't forgive him because he's a Grandpa now, painting his toes in the bathtub, and a good old boy.

We forgive him, because there's a greater Judge to come. It's not our place to punish him or the evil Cheney with no working heart of his own. God will see to it: they'll get theirs.

The ones who are still innocent -- who never killed nor supported the killings -- are the winners and one day, the last shall be first.

Thus says the Lord GOD:
I myself will look after and tend my sheep.
As a shepherd tends his flock
when he finds himself among his scattered sheep,
so will I tend my sheep.
I will rescue them from every place where they were scattered
when it was cloudy and dark.
I myself will pasture my sheep;
I myself will give them rest, says the Lord GOD.
The lost I will seek out,
the strayed I will bring back,
the injured I will bind up,
the sick I will heal,
but the sleek and the strong I will destroy,
shepherding them rightly.

Believe.

As for you, my flock, thus says the Lord GOD: I will judge between one sheep and another, between rams and goats.
Was it not enough for you to graze on the best pasture, that you had to trample the rest of your pastures with your hooves? Or to drink the clearest water, that you had to pollute the rest with your hooves?
Thus my flock had to graze on what your hooves had trampled and drink what your hooves had polluted.
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Now I will judge between the fat and the lean.
Because you push with flank and shoulder, and butt all the weak sheep with your horns until you drive them off,
I will save my flock so they can no longer be plundered; I will judge between one sheep and another.
I will appoint one shepherd over them to pasture them, my servant David; he shall pasture them and be their shepherd.
I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David will be prince in their midst. I, the LORD, have spoken.


I will make a covenant of peace with them and rid the country of wild beasts so they will dwell securely in the wilderness and sleep in the forests.

I will settle them around my hill and send rain in its season, the blessing of abundant rain.
The trees of the field shall bear their fruits, and the land its crops, and they shall dwell securely on their own soil. They shall know that I am the LORD when I break the bars of their yoke and deliver them from the power of those who enslaved them.

They shall no longer be plundered by the nations nor will wild beasts devour them, but they shall dwell securely, with no one to frighten them.

I will prepare for them peaceful fields for planting so they are never again swept away by famine in the land or bear taunts from the nations.
Thus they shall know that I, the LORD, their God, am with them, and that they are my people, the house of Israel—oracle of the Lord GOD.
Yes, you are my flock: you people are the flock of my pasture, and I am your God—oracle of the Lord GOD.