Wednesday, March 4

Choose Wisely, America.* Choose Life.

In Jer. 18:15, God tells Jeremiah that the people have stumbled in their ways from the ancient paths, to walk in paths, in a way not cast up.

In other words there are two choices, only two paths, in which man may choose to walk. One way is the highway of holiness, the straight and narrow path that leads to eternal life, and few there be that find it: this is the high road; the other path is the broad way that leads to eternal destruction, and many shall follow it: this is the low road. 


Again, two choices: a path of preparation for eternal life on the high road, the straight and narrow; or separation from God for eternity on the low road, the broad way that leads to everlasting death.
-----------------------
* or, Fighting Fire with Fire

O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.


At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;


If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.


And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;


If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.


ΒΆ
Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.


And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.
 ...
Give heed to me, O LORD, and hearken to the voice of them that contend with me. 





Shall evil be recompensed for good? for they have digged a pit for my soul. Remember that I stood before thee to speak good for them, and to turn away thy wrath from them.



...




Yet, LORD, thou knowest all their counsel against me to slay me: forgive not their iniquity, neither blot out their sin from thy sight, but let them be overthrown before thee; deal thus with them in the time of thine anger.