Monday, April 13

Baseball, Hotdogs, Apple Pie, and Chevrolet!

I was at the Twins home opener v. the Royals today.
OK -- define "at". How close must one be? Proximity wise...

Our 27th floor (temporary) office overlooks Target Field and Target Center, where the TimberWolves play and the Stones, I see on the electronic sign, are coming this summer. (Aside: I remember their original goodbye tour in '89, when they were shutting down Start Me Up, which is something we  -- the girls' segregated gym class for gymnastics* -- were required to do gym routines to in 8th grade, post-tour '81-82.)

Ah, public school!

But back to the story: we could see the electronic screen in the outfield, and about 1/3 of the left-field tiered sears. Fun!

The small fridge and microwave are by the wall of windows, plus my seat is two in, and as I make it a point to get up and move every hour or less, it was fun to watch people trickle in for the 3pm game...

Did they win?
I hear not.
But I won today.
It was a blue-sky day
with fluffy white clouds.

And the work continues tomorrow...












------------------------
* Pure hell, but tolerable for the winter sport cycle only because we came together on Fridays for free gym, and could use the horse (pass), the bars (ditto), mats (are you kidding me?), the rhythmic gym balls, and... the tramp-o-line! Yes kids, we had a tramp at my junior high in those pre-exorbitant liability days. A gym-sized tramp, taut and smelling like gym, not one of these puny backyard models you see in every other backyard in the right neighborhoods nowadays.

If you passed up the other stations and waited your turn around, spotting, you got maybe 3-5 minutes to jump, jump, jump -- somtimes getting in 3 or 4 times...
Some kids did tricks, or flopped; I just jumped.

Too bad they don't have trampoline jumping in the Olympics.
People would be more fit for the fun of it.


(Who really wants to dance around with a weighted ball extended out in their arm anyway??)