Friday, July 22

That's Good Enough for Me. *

America is a nation of believers, dreamers, and strivers that is being led by a group of censors, critics, and cynics.

Remember: all of the people telling you that you can’t have the country you want, are the same people telling you that I wouldn’t be standing here tonight. No longer can we rely on those elites in media, and politics, who will say anything to keep a rigged system in place.

Instead, we must choose to believe in America.
History is watching us now.

It’s waiting to see if we will rise to the occasion, and if we will show the whole world that America is still free** and independent and strong.

---------------------------

*  Cougar (Mellencamp):

No, I cannot forget where it is that I come from
I cannot forget the people who love me
Yeah, I can be myself here in this small town
and people let me be just what I want to be...


Got nothing against a big town
Still hayseed enough to say:
"Look who's in the big town!"
But my bed is in a small town

oh, and that's good enough for me.

Well, I was born in a small town
and I can breathe in a small town...

**  Are you still free?  Can you be?

Stand up in a clear blue morning
Until you see what can be
Alone in a cold day dawning
Are you still free? Can you be?

When some cold tomorrow finds you
When some sad old dream reminds you
How the endless road unwinds you...

While you see a chance take it
Find romance, take it
Because its all on you.

(Don't you know by now:
No one gives you anything?
And don't you wonder how you keep on moving?
One more day, your way...  )
~ Winwood.
 -----------------------
Bonus Trac:  The Finer Things.

Think about it...
There must be Higher Love.