Friday, September 11

The block I used to work on... in downtown Minneapolis.

I worked in the building right next to the courthouse.*  It's already been "shut down" by the pandemic and then the riots arising from George Floyd's death.  I've been back downtown once, several months ago, to check out a job lead -- they were working from home, but I confirmed the building -- and to get my hair cut in a deserted skyway...

Still, seeing the streets here, the parking garages, the strip club** housed in the fancy former bank building***, and the lover levels you once walked daily (I liked the outside air and skipped the skyway level myself, even in wintertime) brought back memories of a time that will not be returning.

Still, we move on. What choice have we?

----------------

*the Family Justice Center

** the Downtown Cabaret

*** the Farmers and Mechanics Savings Bank (1891 - 1942)