Friday, August 27

Thought for Friday Trampoline Jumping

Made it through. You? 

Here's my take on these poll numbers. Not many Trump supporters identify as "Republicans" to pollsters necessarily... 

And the polls are just wrong about how many people want Out of Afghanistan.  Yesterday's telepolling-callers either inflated the pro-war numbers for political purposes, I suspect, or the pollsters caught people on the phone willing to take a survey on a deadly day asking their thoughts about remaining in a fruitless 20-year-war.  You'd likely expect those respondents to skew, "More War!", no? Remember, a lot of guys have built careers off of implanting the Forever War idea in America, to no avail.  That mentality just doesn't take here in America for cultural reasons. I'd ignore the polls and the pollsters in these deadly days of reality. They're too safe when they get it wrong.

YouGov America@YouGovAmerica·
Following the Kabul airport attack, voters are split on whether the US is right to leave Afghanistan. 
ALL VOTERS Right - 47% / Wrong - 38% 
DEMOCRATS Right - 69% / Wrong - 16% 
INDEPENDENTS Right - 47% / Wrong - 33% REPUBLICANS Right - 17% / Wrong - 72%

-----------

ADDED 

A baby born on an evacuation flight is named Reach, after the aircraft’s call sign.

A U.S. military commander said the baby was one of three born to women who have boarded evacuation flights out of Afghanistan.

 
In a few days, they will release the names of the 13 dead "servicemembers" and the media will tell us more about them:  if they had children of their own, were married, or simply left parents and siblings to mourn. I suspect... they were young but experienced soldiers. Hoping to put an end to the occupation and fulfill their service obligations, or fully in support of the mission.  
 
In days to come, the local mediums -- the hometown papers and news stations -- will likely tell us more...  "And when I die, and when I'm gone, there'll be one child born in this world to carry on... To carry on." ~Blood sweat and tears. 
(give me my freedom for as long as I be, all I ask of living is to have no chains on me... all I ask of livin is to have no chains on me, and all I ask of dyin is to ... go naturally, only want to go naturally...) (..Look out children here he come -- dont wanna go by devil/dont wanna go by demon/don't wanna go by satan/dont wanna die uneasy... just let me go naturally...)