Wednesday, April 24

Think and Judge for Yourself in America 2024

 I'm sure Bret Stephens did not realize video of the incidents he describes here in his weekly NYT column exists or he would have linked it:

The Free Press:  "I was stabbed in the eye at Yale"

This is a 21st century war. Everything is recorded and fear propaganda is much less effective. (Even in the current media vacuum, the IDF has had to admit disinterring Palestinian remains in recent days, the mass gravesites at the hospital complexes they attacked earlier in the war, allegedly pursuing their hostages who were whisked underground where the IDF refused to follow to find them. =Fear.) 

Readers can now view the video online from the alleged Yale eyeball attack and judge for themselves the degree of danger the Jewish-American student on campus complained of -- whether she was intentionally stabbed in the eye, or was emulating her mother's experience and over hyped her injury for national media purposes.  Stephens bit, but he's biased.  Most neutral observers understand what is happening in the world today and why....

By Sahar Tartak

April 21, 2024

I was stabbed in the eye last night on Yale University’s campus because I am a Jew...

My assailant was masked and wearing a keffiyeh, concealing his identity. He also wore glasses and a black jacket. I started to yell and chase after him, but the wall of students continued to block me as I screamed. Next, I went to the Yale police, but they offered little in the way of assistance. They told me that their orders came from administrators who weren’t present at the demonstration, and that there were only seven officers to handle a crowd of about 500. So I was checked out by an ambulance EMT, who recommended I go to the hospital.

The midnight demonstration, the encampment, the violence, all of it violates Yale policy. Some of it, like my assault, also violates state and federal law. Yet nothing meaningful seems to happen in response. Given Yale’s permissiveness, I had the sinking feeling that someone would get hurt. I just didn’t expect it to be me.  

I felt pressure where the stick of the flag had hit my left eye and had a headache last night and much of today. I’m okay now, though. But last night, sitting in the hospital, I couldn’t help but think of my mother, Shahnaz, who grew up in Iran. Her neighbors threw rocks at her for being a Jew. She has a scar on her eyelid to this day.