Sunday, December 11

"But they don't really listen as much as they think they do. They just go with their agenda.''

Most news articles I link to, I agree with. This one, in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune, is ... interesting, but I certainly don't agree with all the viewpoints expressed. Plus, didn't we go through this whole analysis a few years back ?

SIDENOTE: I first visited Minneapolis one sunny day in summer 95 or 96. We drove down Hennepin Avenue, my driver pointed out First Avenue where he used to see Prince hanging out in the early 80s. We got out of the car around Lake Calhoun. There, what I mostly remember were the naturally androgynous faces on some of the Scandinavians on the lake path that day. Walking around Uptown was somewhat of a time throwback, unaccustomed as I was then to the vaguely hippie shops and aura that also seem to permeate college downtowns. I was in a little boutique, browsing a rack of shirts, when the song I still (clearly) remember that day by, played overhead: "Long Time Ago When We Was Fab" (...back when income tax was all we had...)
----------

This story, in today's NYT, somewhat impacts my work. I should email it around. Interesting read.