Monday, September 18

There must be, 50 ways to leave your blog url...

This isn't mine, but it's funny and you might use it as a pointer if you're contemplating ending your blog:

(older message about site follows):
Well, I finally found out that trying to keep a website up to date while still maintaining a full career schedule is a real pain in the ass. So here I am again, after about a six-month absence. This website stuff is a real bother, because it lacks instant gratification. There's no psychic payoff. All the other things I do give me a charge and a lift. This seems more like doing homework. Fuck that shit!*

Therefore, I've decided to do a minimal amount of work on the website. I'll check in from time to time...just like you. But that's it.

So! I just made some new timeline entries, including news about last year's HBO show, the latest CD, the book, the Grammy Awards, my movie plans and my Broadway plans. Something there might interest you. Naturally, I'm still doing my short theater-concert tours, and I still do 12 weeks a year at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Details on those things are always available on the "Schedule" part of this web page.

Laugh.com (the comedy website I have a small interest in) continues to grow and grow. It's quite a flourishing record company now, in addition to being a great comedy website. We have 22 CD's in stores right now from coast to coast, and hundreds more coming. We've made deals with the three big records companies (Sony, Universal and BMG) and have the rights to sell and market many of their best titles from over the years.

The first 20 (from Universal) will be pressed in a couple of months, including CD's by Jackie Mason, Bill Cosby, Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg, Lily Tomlin, Jonathan Winters, Mort Sahl, Rich Little, Phyllis Diller, Shelly Berman, Buddy Hackett, The Smothers Brothers...etc etc etc. Check the site. Many other CD's, not yet in stores, are available at the site. We also have Firesign Theater. Yay! Fuckin' yay!

Okay, that's it. I gotta go watch my dog take a shit.
Thanks for visiting. Stay cool, and don't believe anything the Bush administration tells you. In fact, play it safe: don't believe anything anybody tells you.

George Carlin.


I just got myself a ticket, aisle seat orchestra level, for Sunday night's show. Yay, fuckin' yay! That's all I can say...
-----
*I used to use this one alot, substitute "noise" for shit ...