Monday, June 18

Monday music.

Now we can quibble if this is a true mid-June choice or more late October fare -- maybe even later when the killing frosts set in where you may be -- but timing aside, there's no denying this qualifies as poetry. No, no denying, I said. Argue away, but you'll lose in the end. Just an observation, no need to fear, my friends:

Sirens are screaming and the fires are howling
Way down in the valley tonight.
There's a man in the shadows with a gleam in his eye
And a blade shining oh so bright.
There's evil in the air and there's thunder in the sky
And a killer's on the blood-shod* streets.
Oh and down in the tunnel where the deadly arise
you know I swear I saw a young boy down in the gutter
He was starting to foam in the heat...


It's a love song really. Not aimed at anyone in particular myself, but I can appreciate beauty in even the ugliest places. Some can't. I think they add to the problem really...

It's an ugly world out there, but you don't have to get down and play in the slop. Beauty exists everywhere. And happy Monday...
-----------------
*When I start quoting from memory,
I'm going to quote the way I heard it.