Friday, December 19

Friday!

If feels so much better when it's been a long week, and -- as John Houseman used to say -- you've earrrrrned it.

It's been cold here -- below zero temps, and when we got up into the teens, you could really feel the warm up. Rice Lake missed out on all the snow that went south of here -- our Madison office has been closed twice now this season, as we follow the school closing calendar. (They're closed; we're closed.)

But with so much work to do on behalf of clients, it's a good thing that snow went south and we're still open.

I have been travelling a bit -- day trips: ie, Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls, Barron. And the winter really is a different beast when you're out of the urban area. Better, to me. I like it. More places to truck the snow instead of the piles at the curb, and there's less pollution to blacken it so soon.

In fact, that's the blessing I'm gonna count right now. Clean water, clean air. The cold, I can handle. The stress from so many neighbors and city residents trying to drive and compete in/with the stuff... not so much for me.

I can do the work, that I know. And I can even spartanize my lifestyle, as needed, to get through anything really... It may not be a selling point, but then personally, I'd prefer to do the work and let somebody else worry about the selling, so make of that what you will. Those agents, they earn their pay, right?