Sunday, December 27

The tide turns.

She has an odd way of coming about (the unforseen "malfunctioning device"), but Althouse the law professor finally admits her vote for one of her own is proving a bit ... impractical. More show than substance.

Yeah, I voted for Obama. Am I sorry? I should be exactly the same amount of sorry I would be if Abdulmutallab's device had not malfunctioned. So, I must say: Yes, I'm sorry.


Speaking of image problems, perhaps Janet Napolitano's casual dress -- she should have been in a suit, not a leather jacket* -- on this morning's talk shows helped undermine confidence in her defensive skills.
-------------------------
* and lose the phallic backdrop. It seems like she/this administration is trying too hard to reassure us, as if only we believe, then reality isn't so much transcended but transformed. The old quick fix/magic change mentality. But what if it's not that easy? That it requires defining the goals and hopes, yes, but then committing everything you've got to working through good times and bad to achieve them. All hands on deck for that proposition? I didn't think so ...

And it's not like we can buy off terrorists like easy Nebraska politicians. That oughta scare the bejeesus out of us, if this fear of flying accomplishes nothing else.