Thursday, April 29

Winning Ugly.

A South Florida girls' flag football coach is caught pulling the flag of an opposing player who intercepted and was heading toward the end zone.

"There was nobody between [safety Jessica Lucarelli] and the end zone," said Western coach James O'Brien, who sent the photo to the newspaper. "I even heard the ref turn to the coach and say. ‘What are you doing?'"

The District 22 flag football semifinal was scoreless with about eight minutes remaining when the junior intercepted a pass around the 50-yard line and started down the sideline.

"I saw the coach out of the corner of my eye," Lucarelli said. "I was shocked. You definitely don't expect something like that to happen. I was upset. He took away my glory and was teaching a horrible example to his players. What does it prove?"

Photo at the link.