Saturday, July 17

Make new friends...


but keep the old.


One is silver,

and the other...

maroon.


I am the proud owner of an '06 Chevy Malibu, maroon with grey interior. Nice body, the engine is so quiet... Only a 4-cylinder, picked it up at a GSA -- Government Services Auction -- in Fond du Lac yesterday. All government cars: this batch of 110+, from Wisconsin and Michigan. I was hoping for a 6-cylinder Impala, but with dealers bidding too, those were bidding out of my price range. I've had luck with the Corsica, which came from a Florida government auction -- it was a NASA car. Best... you pay no tax on government cars, in Wisconsin at least.

So a new (to me) car to take care of, and a summer Saturday unfolding already... What more could anyone ask for?

-------------------------

Lord master grant that I may never seek...
So much to be consoled as to console.
To be understood, as to understand.
To be loved, as to love with all my soul.

Make me a channel of your peace.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
In giving of ourselves that we receive...
And in dying that we are brought to eternal life.