Monday, January 17

"Above My Pay Grade."

or, In Over My Head?

Over at the NYT,Krugman is again explaining his comments filters -- twisting and spinning -- given the pushback he's been getting after the Tucson massacre and the continuing need for public discourse on issues that affect all Americans.

(Did you think we'd all go hide under our beds, Paul?)

Column Comments
Some readers are weighing in with questions and complaints about the moderating process for comments on my column (as opposed to this blog). So what you need to know is that this is not my department: I don’t play any role in that process. The public editor had a nice piece about how all that works. I do worry a bit that given the timing at which columns are posted, European commenters may have a head start; I don’t know what can be done about that.

Anyway, once the column goes up, I don’t know what goes down; that’s not my department …



Comments are not being accepted for this post.


Heh. European discourse suits him. I don't think he could handle the honest thoughts and evaluations of his economic work from plain-speaking Americans. And yeah, there is something wrong with that.

Namely, you can't accuse the American people of operating in a hateful political cauldron with their words and their grass-roots organizing this past year because they disagree with the untested (outside of the theoretical realm) public policy prescriptions the all-knowing experts are pushing on the country... and then turn around and not let them speak to defend themselves against such a false mischaracterization.

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but words can never hurt me
.

They say in a crisis, the true colors come out. I think in the past week, we've all seen Krugman's. Something to consider if you continue reading his work...