Monday, May 30

May Be Factual, It May Be Cruel...

I ain't lying...

Lest you think I've forgotten Memorial Day,
remember: I work for local weekly now. I covered the ceremonies in one town -- an Our Town -- the rain held off, the storm passed, and they fed me a spaghetti dinner to boot.

In other news,
despite what good it might do to have a woman ceremonially in the position, Paul Krugman endorses another for IMF head.

Because outstanding times call for outstanding measures, and because perhaps the PC goodness might be just as effective another day, I'm inclined too to plug the unorthodox man for the position.

Just like Mitt Romney, with all his business experience, might be the best man to lead us out of our economic doldrums, should our current president not wise up soon to which way the economic winds are blowing...

In the end,
getting the job done -- or not -- matters much more than superficial characteristics that not all share. And if, in the end, that's not what America's all about -- electing the best man person to the job, despite superficial characteristics that might disqualify him elsewhere, then you might say, I missed the boat.

Hope your Memorial Day was happy:
"Home of the Free, thanks to the Brave."

G-d Bless Y'all.