Monday, November 21

Pledging Eternal Love to President Obama.

"Really, this guy is the one.
No, not just another GWB crush...
I really,
really mean it this time... "

After recently getting about the country a bit,
Sullivan perplexes at the majority American attitude that our current leader is floundering in his job. (The prez is now off in ... Australia, it seems.)

It was never my party, but it was one to which I could once accord regular agreement and respect. No more. I remain unrepentant in my support for this president, a man who has accomplished more in the face of a more hostile environment in his first three years than any president since Johnson. I wish more reasonable Dems and a few moderate Republicans will soon have the courage to say so.

No worries.
No matter what comes,
seems he'll always have Andy ...
If George Bush had taken out Osama bin Laden, wiped out al Qaeda's leadership and gathered a treasure trove of real intelligence by a daring raid, he'd be on Mount Rushmore by now. If he'd done the equivalent on the right of universal healthcare, he'd be the second coming of Reagan.
Small consolation perhaps.