Saturday, November 19

Snow Day.

The first real one this season, measured by having to brush the cars. Sure, we've scraped frost up here plenty of mornings -- (we defined as the collective population.) But this afternoon was the first call for the brush end of the snow scraper.

I, for one, am ready, I think.

Today was the gun-deer season opener*, so the hunters will like the dusting of snow. Before it fell, it was just an overcast day, where you can't tell 10:30 from noon, from dusk. We (Buddy and I) got two nice walks in early; he didn't care for being outside with the snow blowing in his face this afternoon, so we called that one very early... He's a smart dog, did I mention that?

Amazing the things you can get done inside, when you've no concept of time passing. I guess that's why they try to put office workers in windowless rooms.

-----------
* Always the first Saturday before Thanksgiving.

ADDED: Also, when I mentioned previously that the dill pea soup turned out pretty good for a first time soup? I meant, for a first-time dill pea soup. I've made plenty of soups in my life.