Friday, February 7

Why Celebrate Weakness?

(or maybe 'glamorize'... is the better verb?)
I stand with Lavar Burton on this one. (before he apologized and sat down...)

Burton tweeted Feb. 2: "Damn, #PSH was SO talented! However, if Y'all should find me dead with a needle in my arm, in my underwear . . . please put my pants on!"

When one of the Reading Rainbow alum's Twitter followers wrote back "not cool, dude," Burton, 56, replied: "Not cool is shooting up when you got kids . . . #areyoukiddingme."

"No matter how you slice it, PSH wasted a great gift!" the actor added. "Lash out at me if you want to . . . I ain't goin' out like that!"
Somehow, I don't think a black actor self-induced dead with a needle in his arm, w/Hoffman's fine resume and three young kids left behind, would be getting the same adulatory attention.

Different cultural values and all.