Thursday, August 21

Glenn Reynolds Asks...

MAY/DECEMBER? ISN’T THIS MORE LIKE AUGUST/DECEMBER? Richard Gere And Padma Lakshmi’s May-December Romance Still Going Strong! “The 64-year-old Richard and 43-year-old Padma were spotted on a romantical dinner date in New Jersey and according to a source, the pair looked quite cozy.”

Or maybe September/December? I mean if she were 23 it would be a May/December.
--------

Glenn, Glenn, Glenn...
I'm not sure what age you eventually plan to be*, but 64 is NO December!  November, late October, perhaps...
(and given that it's Richard Gere, it's an October, surely.)

They're only two decades apart, and once you've advanced enough in age to be in the upper boughs of the tree of life, 64-43-hike!, I think that would merit only a two-month compressed comparable...

Call it August/October, then.  And wish them well!
(once he's divorced from his wife, I mean!)



*  (Reminds me back in the late 90s, when my folks were starting to snowbird to Florida, my Dad, the eldest of his siblings, so pretty much the oldest in our family, had taken to calling himself a "Geezer" in retirement.  He soon learned, in a land where the elders easily live to their mid-80s and beyond, to recalculate his numbers.  He, and my mom especially, were relative youngsters in the land of the never-ending sunshine.  They're back toughing it out in the winters now though (grandchildren!), but I think that little bit of aging perspective gave him a new appreciation of lifespans.  Myself?  I'll never forget when helping a colleague/friend in Florida move, on a particularly hot and stressful day, she snapped at me:  "Be careful.  That houseplant is older than you!"  OooK, then!  Must be a Florida age thing.  I did try to be more gentle thereafter in the move...)