Wednesday, February 11

Jerry Seinfeld... Jon Stewart... Meh.

Sorry, but I never did understand the bandwagon appeal of silly nothings.

Momentarily distractingly funny,
if you go in for that sort of thing.
(*and plenty do, plenty did, don't mean to take anything from either boyish-man, but... in the end, there really wasn't much of anything really there, was there? I like deeper humor myself, not just the pointedly giggling at the nothingness our collective culture has become. Give me a deep "thinker's" joke anyday over such nonsense.)

Still, I am sorry for those grieving their upcoming loss. You'll survive though, and I think both men were smart in getting out while the game is still good. Betcha neither Seinfeld, nor an evermore grey Stewart would age well, doing such comedy.

At some point, you grow up and start taking life seriously, and then that nothingness style of humor doesn't really seem so funny, when you consider the underlying issues it is built upon.