Saturday, March 7

Winter's Final Knockout Punch...

Attempt.
=It was negative eleven going in to work Thursday morning, -11 degrees. A full, bright, beautiful moon though, that was then rising red when I was driving home in positive 11 degree temps, 12 hours later. I like the symmetry.

And the moonlight matters, because the first part of my drive -- or the final, depending on the direction -- takes me on an unlit county road in the country, with a speed limit of 55. The cold means dry, which means more maintenance for the skin and hair, but better driving conditions, at least. (I'm counting blessings here.)

Overall, I've no complaints about this winter, but she was brutal. Cold, extreme. Everyone leaving work yesterday, everyone, looked pretty beat. It had warmed up a bit more by then, but that negative eleven, the below zero morning temps, it does affect the body, more than just the dry.

Next week: maybe in the 50s. A potential 60 degree temperature change -- what do you think that does to a body internally? I'm thinking: with the extreme cold this year, and then a warm temp with very little snow on the ground, comparatively, the melt and fade will be fast. (Hence, winter's closing blows, referenced in the headline).

Thinking ahead for driving: it will be wet fast, and will freeze up nightly. For surviving: Well, an inner tube that has contracted, and is then exposed to heat, sometimes expands and bursts its skin, even if it stays intact; barometric pressure matters, people...

I'm going to drink a lot of water next week, get out this weekend and move and breathe. Having the dog helps. I mean, I like civilization and comfort as much as the next guy, but I've never understood the negativity, or judgment even, associated with thinking of Man as an animal, primarily.
















------------------------

Make it a great Saturday!
Spring will soon be in the air...
Get ready, people. Get ready.