Wednesday, December 16

We'll Weather the Weather, Whatever the Weather, Whether We Like It or Not...

Think "Kansas City" winter in Minneapolis this year...
(I like it.  I love it.  I want some more of it!)

I should have taken more psychology classes. Some days I feel like a therapist, whispering sweet nothings into the ears of frustrated Minnesota snow lovers.
John Judkins reports an outbreak of worms in Cottage Grove, in mid-December. Grant Offermann sent me this digital plea: "You gotta help me though, I'm a winter enthusiast and need some snow. My ski's are collecting dust....my Siberian husky is shedding like its spring time again. Give me something to look forward to!"
Uh, I'm just the messenger and the headline remains the same: think Kansas City winter this year. The pattern may shift abruptly next month or February, but the trends are the trends. The Godzilla of El Ninos will probably keep us milder and slushier than average, into March.
To get all-snow temperatures in the lowest mile of the atmosphere should be <32F. Once again today there's too much warm air aloft for snow in the metro. Expect mostly rain at MSP; a few inches of slush for central and western MN.
We chill down by late week - but expect 30s to near 40F much of next week. Santa will need his red SUV.