Wednesday, January 20

Anonymous Reporting.

Everytime I read a story where a source allegedly refuses to be identified and speaks only out of anonymity, I stop reading.  It saves me a great deal of time these days!

No one has taught the next generation of reporters how to take information given to them off the record, and to independently verify it.  They can't do it on the political stories, they can't do it on the little stories, and they can't do it on the big stories either, it seems.  They're addicted to being fed.

Again, weaning newspapers and now the news stories from my life has not been as difficult as I thought, with a plethora of sources to read.  The newsmakers and the media are no longer monopolies in shaping opinions.  Looks like... they have not figured that out yet.

Sometimes the kids come slow to things, especially when they have to figure it out themselves.