Sunday, February 27

President Romney Would Be a Good Leader Now...

but he got shot down by the "me-so-silly!" voters who thought his stupid compassion in trying to take the family dog along in a pet carrier on the top of the crowded station wagon was a disqualifying act...

When you get comfortable, you don't take things seriously I don't think, to the nation's detriment.

#LifeIsRealSoReal...

------------

What foolish world... so many songs

Senselessly heard through the neverending cold.

And all for fear, and all for greed...

Speak any tongue but for God's sake we need...

Las Palabras De Amor... let me hear the words of love 

Related Lyrics from Pere Ubu:

[Verse 1]

Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes again
Here it comes, the ice cream truck
People flyin' out their doors, runnin' up the street
They really love that music
Man, it's just my luck

[Chorus]
Baby! Baby! Baby! Come here quick
The melody's about to make me sick
Baby! Baby! Baby! Shut that door
I don't think I can stand anymore

There's too much music in the land, you hear it everywhere
Everybody's in a band, I can't get enough of it...

[Bridge]

It's not the sugar
It's not the sticky sludge
People wanna eat that stuff, I don't hold a grudge
It's that music
There's too much of it
I wish some of 'em had the guts to quit...
[Chorus]
Baby! Baby! Baby! Come here quick
The melody's about to make me sick
Baby! Baby! Baby! Shut that door
I don't think I can stand anymore.. 


 cloudland

 bonus track:

Waiting... for Mary:

Welcome to Mars (it's open all hours!)

What are we doing here? ...

I oughta know, but my memory's going...

What are we doing here?

Bill's in the back and Fred's on the phone, sayin'

What are we doing here?

Waiting for Mary. Waiting for Mary... Oh.

As bad as it seems, maybe we're dreaming.  What are we doing here?

Don't mind the stares -- we've paid for these chairs! What are we doing here?  Waiting for Mary, Waiting for Mary, Waiting for Mary... Oh.

What do ya know, it had to be snowing!  What are we doing here?

Keep up that smile, it might be awhile...

Waiting for Mary. Waiting for Mary. Oh.

ADDED: Live Version, with friends on Night Music back in the 80s ...

All in a line, or one at a time...

Don't mind the chairs, we've paid for these stares! 

What are we doing here?

Waiting for Mary. Waitin for Mary.

Oh