Tuesday, December 27

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country

 Just warming up the fingers...

They don't teach that anymore, do they?  Thanks MOM!  She was my first teacher, and liked her job raising us, I think. Kids used to learn so much in the home and from loved ones that -- I believe -- just cannot be replicated in the daycares and early schooling.  I think in America, it's really showing now, how many children were raised with paid help, with no permanent investment going either way, in the payoff or in the daily inputting into present minds...

I really don't think you can "outsource" mothering most days of the week... I guess that's why so many of us choose not to have children.  If we can't raise them right, we're not contributing to the mass social problems that ill-equipped children bring to society (and their parents and grandparents too.)

Oh well, I guess we can always buy our way out of that too, eh America?  The money tree will never stop producing? And there will always be plenty for all comers...

(now that, I don't believe...  This tax system is going to catch up to America; nobody wants to pay full freight, and boy, are we carrying more of a load today, some of us...)